S.C. teen ousted from school, charged after racist gun videos emerge
A South Carolina teenager has been expelled and charged after videos surfaced of him making threats against black people while shooting at inanimate objects.
According to The State, the 16-year-old boy, who referred to himself as “Parker” in two videos, sent the clips to several of his classmates at Cardinal Newman in Columbia, S.C.
“Howdy, I’m [his name] , and I hate black people,” the teen says in the first video. “You’ll notice over there is a box of Jordans — the favorite pair of shoes for a black man. I’m gonna show you what I think of a black man.”
The boy shot rounds from rifles at the box that he said symbolizes black people.
He then faces the camera and says, “(Expletive) all (racial slur).”
The videos have now become viral on various platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Ive seen this video floating around social media this past weekend. In light of recent events, i hope the news of this teen’s arrest is true. Hopefully, he gets the right help that he needs.
South Carolina teen charged after posting racist videos | WBTW https://t.co/sHlxFIJrHr
— KDS (@kstrather) August 5, 2019
In the second video, he mimics the same behavior after an introduction.
“Hey it’s me again, hater of all black men,” the smirking teen says. “What have we here?” The video pans out to show two boxes on the ground.
“It seems that our (racial slur) hasn’t quite learned his lesson here. It seems like he needs 25 rounds.”
He shoots at the boxes, apparently emptying the rounds.
“I don’t think that was enough.”
He picks up another gun and empties that one, too.
“Thank you very much for watching my PSA, (expletive) all (racial slur),” he says as the video ends.
#EducateToStopHate No 16 year old should be thinking like this or have access to weapons like that. He was taught to hate. He should have been taught to love.
— Christine ❄️🌊🌈❤️ (@LoveCreating) August 5, 2019
The Associated Press reported the teen also threatened to shoot up the school during the summer break.
According to The State, the videos were recorded in May. The publication said the school neglected to take any action until writers approached administrators for comment in July.
Coincidentally, the principal sent a letter home Friday explaining that the teen had been expelled and the school was not under threat.
Samson X Horne is a Tribune-Review digital producer. You can contact Samson at 412-320-7845, [email protected] or via Twitter .