British Open preview: Possible challenge for Koepka; McIlroy’s homeland pressure; Tiger lays low
As is always the case when we get ready for a major golf championship, Brian Taylor of Real Golf Radio joins us on the Breakfast With Benz podcast.
Brian comes on to speak with us about the British Open at Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland.
Among the topics we outline:
• Brooks Koepka and his standout play in majors. As good as he is, there’s one hidden challenge on this course that could bother him.
• What’s the backstory on Phil Mickelson’s fasting strategy?
• Portrush has some interesting nuances.
• Dustin Johnson has been playing better than his results. Will he get a payoff this week?
• Rory McIlroy has a ton of pressure on him to win this tournament given his Northern Ireland ties. We debate whether he can handle it.
• Tiger Woods is laying a bit low this week. There may be a reason for that.
• Weather is always a factor in The Open Championship. Wind could be the biggest issue this week. We investigate how the players will battle that.
And, most importantly, we talk about the best matchup on the course: Jena Sims vs. Paulina Gretzky.