Thomas Jefferson, Baldwin products lauded by Presidents' Athletic Conference
Five local products were voted onto “60th anniversary” all-star teams in the Presidents' Athletic Conference this past fall. They are as follows:
• Andy Komar — Thomas Jefferson graduate who was a member of the Washington & Jefferson men's soccer team from 2001-04.
Komar was a three-time All-PAC selection, earning first-team honors in 2003 and 2004, and was a second-team pick in 2002.
A member of two PAC championship teams, Komar ranks second in career goals (44) and points (101) at W&J, and is tied for eighth in career assists (13).
He was also named to the NCAA Division III all-region team in 2003.
• Regina Myers — Baldwin graduate who was a member of the Bethany women's cross country team from 1995-98.
Myers was a three-time All-PAC selection in 1996, 1997 and 1998, and was named the league MVP in 1998 after finishing first at the conference championships with a time of 20:45.
She also was instrumental in helping Bethany notch second-place finishes at the 1996 and 1998 conference finals.
• Christina Commisso — Thomas Jefferson graduate who was a member of the Westminster women's tennis team from 2004-07.
Commisso totaled six All-PAC honors while at Westminster. She claimed an individual title at the 2004 PAC championships, and teamed with Dana Larson to place third in doubles.
At the 2007 conference finals, Commisso captured third in singles and first in doubles. In 2006, she was a conference runner-up in singles and doubles.
Commisso also posted a fourth-place finish in singles at the 2005 conference finals.
She helped spur the Lady Titans' team to second-place conference finishes in 2006 and 2007.
• Brian Dawson — Thomas Jefferson graduate who was a quarterback on the Washington & Jefferson football team from 1999-2002.
• Ken Murawski — Baldwin graduate who was a linebacker on the Carnegie Mellon football team from 1978-81.
Information for this story courtesy of Presidents' Athletic Conference athletics. Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-388-5820 or email@example.com.