Fishing report: Loyalhanna Creek offering steady action with trout
• At Loyalhanna Creek, anglers are seeing steady action with trout while using live bait. For the most part, fishermen are finding trout around the deeper pockets of water. Carp catches are occurring with some regularity, and a few muskellunge catches were reported as well.
• Green Lick Reservoir is yielding plenty of largemouth bass to anglers using soft plastic rigs. It appears there are no hot spots in particular for the bass, as they have been found swimming all throughout the lake. In recent days, a couple of walleye catches were reported as well.
• The crappie fishing is still going strong at Bridgeport Dam, with some reports indicating large catches of crappie that are measuring in at nearly a foot.
• Yellow Creek Lake is harboring plenty of largemouth bass and muskellunge. Setups that include crankbaits or jerkbaits should work well for the bass while spinnerbaits, jigs and topwaters are solid options for the muskie.
• At Cowanshannock Creek, fishermen are doing well with bass and walleye. There were a number of trout catches, too, particularly near Buttermilk Falls.
• Keystone Power Dam is offering up a variety of fish to anglers fishing its waters, including largemouth bass, smallmouth bass and muskellunge. Anglers are also seeing a few walleye in the area but are not having nearly as much success as they are with the bass and muskie.
• Fishermen at Lake Arthur are enjoying a steady catfish bite, with shrimp and chicken livers serving as a solid bait. There were a number of yellow perch bites in the lake as well. Anglers are mainly utilizing minnows as bait for yellow perch.
• At Tionesta Lake, anglers trolling from the shoreline are reeling in muskellunge in large numbers. As far as lures go, crankbaits, spinnerbaits and jigs should work well.
• Tionesta Outflow is producing plenty of walleye and muskellunge for anglers who are casting out from the wall area. Anglers also seem to be doing reasonably well with trout.
Kevin Lohman is a Tribune-Review contributing writer.