Fishing report: Variety of action at Tionesta Outflow
• Anglers fishing the Tionesta Outflow are finding an assortment of fish, including walleye, muskellunge and northern pike. Most of the catches appear to be occurring in the vicinity of the wall that stands near the campground side of the outflow. Fishermen are also reporting a small number of trout catches near Tionesta Creek, close to the Allegheny River.
• The musky fishing is still going strong at Tionesta Lake. Anglers are doing well with the musky when casting from the shoreline.
• The Allegheny River in Forest County is providing fishermen with walleye and northern pike. According to reports, anglers are having success fishing via boat and also from the shoreline that borders near the boat ramp.
• Glade Run Lake is a fruitful spot to visit for anglers who are searching for a trout bite, as a result of a stocking it received last week.
• Fishermen casting out into Blue Spruce Lake are reeling in brook trout at a steady rate, with some of the catches measuring in at nearly a foot in length. Live bait is giving way to solid results.
• Yellow perch are particularly active at Two-Lick Reservoir as anglers are utilizing minnows and wax worms as bait.
• Quemahoning Reservoir has plenty of northern pike swimming its waters. Live bait such as minnows should offer anglers a good option for the pike.
• At High Point Lake, fishermen are doing well with bass and pickerel.
• The brown trout are biting consistently at Laurel Hill Lake after its recent stocking.
• The trout bite is heating up at Deer Creek as anglers are using spoons and paste baits to success.
• The Allegheny River in Allegheny County is offering up some rather large muskellunge. The musky are biting at larger baits, specifically swim baits, per reports.
• Pymatuning Reservoir is hosting a solid walleye population. According to reports, the reservoir has produced some perch catches as well as some bass catches in recent weeks, too.
• Anglers at Shenango River are enjoying plenty of action with smallmouth bass in the last week or so.
• Fishermen at Lake Wilhlem are doing well with largemouth bass and have reported a couple of walleye catches lately.
Kevin Lohman is a Tribune-Review contributing writer.