Outdoor notices: April 15, 2019
• Jennings Environmental Education Center is holding a Spring Wonder Walk from 10-11:30 a.m. Friday. Join in for some family-friendly, free wheeling discovery along the park’s trails, led by Jennings’ staff. Email [email protected] or call 724-794-6011.
• A forest naturalist will lead a full moon hike at 9 p.m. Friday at Forbes State Forest. Registration is required. Email [email protected] or call 724-259-2201.
• There will be a full moon hike at Riverview Park in Pittsburgh on Friday. Registration is required. Email [email protected] or call 412-377-6290.
• Prince Gallitzin State Park is offering its Easter Egg Hunt from 1-3 p.m. Saturday. The annual event features thousands of hidden Easter eggs for the children’s hunt, in addition to a visit from the Easter bunny and gift baskets for a handful of lucky participants. Email [email protected] or call 814-674-1000.
• Forbes State Forest is hosting a sunrise strol at 7 a.m. Saturday. Registration is required. Email [email protected] or call 724-259-2201.
• Three Rivers Birding Club is holding an outing at 8:30 a.m. April 27 at Frick Park. The outing will be led by Jack and Sue Solomon. Participants will explore the park in hopes of seeing plenty of warblers. For questions, call the Solomons at 412-521-3365.
• The 24th annual Pike Run Youth Fishing Festival will be held April 27 at Rotary Park, off Route 88 in California. The free event is open to boys and girls age 15 and under. Registration begins at 7 a.m. Children can bring their own gear or borrow equipment from a Cal (Pa.) student volunteer as part of the Fish and Boat Commission’s borrow-a-rod-and-reel program. Visit www.facebook.com/groups/PRYFF for more information.
• Susan Walker will discuss and lead the group in the creation of vernal pools and watercolors art from 2-4 p.m. May 5 at the Jennings Environmental Education Center in Slippery Rock. This program is for ages 12 and up. Register at events.dcnr.pa.gov. Cost is $5.
• There will be a wildflower walk at Jennings Environmental Education Center in Slippery Rock from 2-4 p.m. May 12.