Fishing report: Lake Arthur primed for yellow perch bite
• With the changing of the seasons, Lake Arthur is primed to become a hot spot for fishermen that are looking to pick up yellow perch. Though the yellow perch bite is only picking up a little bit for now, the opportunity to catch the fish will only improve as the temperature continues to drop as they will begin to school near the shore to plump up for the winter. According to reports, anglers are picking up plenty of catfish using night crawlers during the evening hours.
• Keystone Lake is hosting a healthy population of trout after having received a fresh Keystone Select stocking last week. It is being recommended anglers troll for the trout in the sections of the lake that are the deepest since the fish tend to congregate in lower temperature water.
• Loyalhanna Creek also has received a Keystone Select stocking of trout this month and should be offering up plenty of trout. The creek appears to be teeming with large trout, as there are also quite a few holdover fish from the spring stocking, according to reports.
• The trout are biting at Dunlap Lake as a result of its recent stocking. Nearby, at Dunlap Creek, anglers in the fly-fishing-only section are also reaping the benefits of the recent stocking by picking up trout. The fly-fishing-only section of Dunlap Creek is catch and release.
• At Virgin Run Lake, the bass are biting but the catch rate has been unpredictable. The fishing at the lake is poised to improve though, as it just received a recent stocking of trout.
• In Clarion County, anglers fishing the Allegheny River report they are reeling in some hefty smallmouth bass. At night, the channel catfish bite has been strong. Fishermen are also picking up walleye around the mouth of the Clarion River.
• Redbank Creek is providing anglers with a good spot to fish for smallmouth bass and walleye. According to reports, most are having success in the area that spans from below the dam in New Bethlehem to the confluence with the Allegheny River.
• At Kahle Lake, fishermen are reeling in a variety of catches, including bluegill, yellow perch and crappie. Reports also indicate anglers are catching smallmouth bass on soft plastic baits.
• Anglers at Piney Dam are doing well with smallmouth bass, yellow perch and walleye. Once the sun goes down, the channel catfish bite begins to heat up.
• Tionesta Lake is a productive spot for any fishermen looking to reel in some musky. The best spots to zone in on at the lake are along the shoreline near the dam, and also around the Lackey Flats Camping Area.