Outdoors notices: Nov. 19, 2017
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is offering a Birds and More Nature Walk at 9 a.m. Wednesday at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Join a naturalist for this free walk on the Reserve's trails. Register online at aswp.org/events/7914.
• Jennings Environmental Education Center is holding a “Naturally Grateful” Wonder Walk from 10-11:30 a.m. Friday. Join park staff for a family-friendly walk and give thanks for the natural beauty of the autumn season. The program is free, and registration is not required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-794-6011.
• Venture Outdoors is offering a Holiday Pie Hike from 1-4 p.m. Friday. Head out for a moderately paced 4-5 mile walk at Settlers Cabin Park and afterwards, enjoy some homemade pie. Program costs $20. Email email@example.com or call 412-255-0564.
• Prince Gallitzin State Park is holding a Holiday Crafts Class from 1:30-3:30 p.m. on Sunday. This class is for adults and their children and will offer instruction on how to make snowflake decorations out of different materials. Program is best suited for ages 10 and up. Meet in the lower level of the park office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-674-1000.
• Venture Outdoors is holding a Perk-Up Hike from 8-10:30 a.m. on December 2 at Emerald View Park. Explore the park before heading to one of the area's coffeehouses for a cup of coffee that will be included in the fee for the program. Program costs $12. Email email@example.com or call 412-255-0564.
• Raccoon Creek State Park is offering a Night Hike and Campout beginning at 6 p.m. on Dec. 2. Participants will need to bring camping/hiking gear, food and water. Pre-registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
• Point State Park is hosting a Winter Tree ID Walk from 1-2:30 p.m. on Dec. 3. Join the park naturalist for an easy, one-mile walk around the park and learn how to identify trees in the winter. The program is free but registration is required. Email email@example.com with any questions, or call 412-565-2850.
• Three Rivers Birding Club is hosting a Winter Bird Count for Kids event from 8-11 a.m. on Dec. 16 at the Brookline Memorial Recreation Center. Join naturalists and bird enthusiasts and engage in a short lesson on birds before heading out to see some of them on a hike. Space in the program is limited, and registration is required. Email Erica.McGrath@pittsburghpa.gov or call 412-571-3222.