Outdoors notices: Dec. 4, 2017
• Canoe Creek State Park is offering a wreath marking tutorial from 9-11 a.m. Saturday. Find out about wreath folklore before making one from natural materials. Registration is required. There is a $10 fee per participant, per wreath. Email email@example.com or call 814-695-6807.
• Venture Outdoors is holding a hot tea hike from 1-3:30 p.m. Saturday. Participants will explore Pittsbirgh's North Side on a 3-4 mile walk before stopping at a local cafe for a cup of tea. Program costs $12 for members and $18 for nonmembers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-255-0564.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is holding a yule log hike and craft from 4-6 p.m. Saturday at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Participants will hike in the woods to gather natural materials before learning how to create a yule log. Cost is $6 for members and $10 for nonmembers. Register online at aswp.org/events/7958
• Prince Gallitzin State Park is offering a winter birds and blossoms walk from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday. Meet the park naturalist on the park office viewing deck before heading on a gentle morning stroll. Please dress appropriately. Some binoculars will be available. Email email@example.com or call 814-674-1000.
• Three Rivers Birding Club is hosting a winter bird count for kids from 8-11 a.m. Dec. 16 at Brookline Memorial Recreation Center. Join naturalists and bird enthusiasts and engage in a short lesson on birds before heading to see some on a hike. Space in the program is limited and registration is required. Email Erica.McGrath@pittsburghpa.gov or call 412-571-3222.
• Point State Park is holding a winter wonderland walk from 10:30 a.m.-noon Dec. 16. Join the park naturalist and explore the park for nature that thrives in cold weather. Registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is hosting a birds and more nature walk at 9 a.m. Dec. 21 at Succop Nature Park. Join a naturalist for a free walk on the park's trails. Register online at aswp.org/events/7906.
• Venture Outdoors is holding a winter solstice hike from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Dec. 21 at Hartwood Acres. Take part on a 4-mile hike around Hartwood Acres on the shortest day of the year. Program costs $8 for members and $12 for nonmembers. Email email@example.com or call 412-255-0564.