Outdoors notices: Monday, June 11, 2018
• Keystone State Park is holding Yoga on the Beach from 7-8 p.m. Monday. Participants should bring bug spray, a yoga mat and an oversized beach towel or a small blanket for this one-hour beginners' class. A 45-minute Tai Chi sequence will follow for those that are interested. A donation of $5 or more is requested. Register via email at email@example.com
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is holding a Birds and More Nature Walk at 9 a.m. Wednesday at Beechwoord Farms Nature Reserve. Join a naturalist for a free birding walk on the reserve's trails. Register online at aswp.org/events/8218
• Keystone State Park is hosting a Birds N' Brews event at 8 a.m. Saturday. Join the park naturalist at the DeGlau Picnic Grove for freshly brewed coffee and bird watching, and learn about the efforts to grow coffee sustainably in South America and how it supports conservation efforts in Pennsylvania. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-668-2939.
• Ohiopyle State Park is holding an Early Morning Float event from 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Participants will float down the middle Yough River in hopes of catching a glimpse of an otter or a mink. You will need to provide your own boat. Pre-registration is required. Email email@example.com or call 724-329-0986.
• Forbes State Forest is holding a Summer Solstice Stroll at 7 p.m. on June 21. Join the forest naturalist for a hike on the longest day of the calendar year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-259-2201.
• Pymatuning State Park is holding a Go Girls Kayaking event from 6-8 p.m. on June 21. Girls ages 10-15 are invited to learn how to kayak, along with how to play various kayak games. Reservations are required. Call park office at 724-932-3142 to reserve a spot.
• Forbes State Forest is offering a 4 1⁄2-mile hike to Wolf Rocks at 6:30 p.m. on June 22. Join the forest naturalist on this trek to the local landmark. Email email@example.com or call 724-259-2201.
• Venture Outdoors is offering a rock climbing event from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on June 23 at Laurel Highlands. Learn from experienced guides as they teach participants about equipment, safety, tying knots, how to belay and other experienced climbing techniques. This class is meant for beginners. Participants must be at least 13 years old. Program costs $67 for nonmembers and $50 for members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-255-0564.
• Prince Gallitzin State Park is offering an intro to disc golf event from 1:30-3 p.m. on June 29. Learn how to play disc golf in a beginners' class at Muskrat Beach 2. All ages are welcome. Participants are encouraged to wear sunscreen and bring water. Email email@example.com or call 814-674-1000.