Outdoor notices: Dec. 23, 2018
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is holding an outing at 9 a.m. Wednesday at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Join a naturalist for a free walk on the Reserve’s trails. Register online at aswp.org/events/8220
• Jennings Environmental Education Center is hosting its Winter Wonder Walk from 10-11:30 a.m. Thursday. Participants are welcome to come and enjoy some family-friendly outdoors time along the trails at Jennings. Email email@example.com or call 724-794-6011.
• Pymatuning State Park is holding a First Day Hike from 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Visitors are welcome to join in and enjoy some birdwatching while walking along the lake shore and learning about the park’s history. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-932-3142.
• Moraine State Park is offering a First Day Hike from 1-4 p.m. on Jan. 1. Participants will meet at the bike rental parking lot on the North Shore before heading out for a hike. The hike will last 1-5 miles, with multiple opportunities for hikers to turn back during the trek. Email email@example.com or call 724-368-8811.
• Venture Outdoors is offering Hot Cocoa Snowshoeing from 1-3 p.m. on Jan. 5 at Aspinwall Riverfront Park This outing will be family-friendly and will begin with the basics of snowshoeing before participants hit the trails. Afterwards, participants will gather for a warm cup of hot cocoa. Cost will be $12 for members and $15 for non-members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-255-0564.
• Venture Outdoors is holding an Owl Prowl from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Jan. 10 at Riverview Park. Join in for an evening hike while searching for Great Horned Owls and Barred Owls in the park. After the hike, hot chocolate will be provided to participants. Cost will be $8 for members and $12 for non-members. Email email@example.com or call 412-255-0564.
• Ohiopyle State Park is offering a Guided Snowshoe Hike from 10 a.m.-noon on Jan. 12. Participants are welcome to come try their hand at snowshoeing. Meet at the Visitor’s Center to gear up before heading out on the trail. Pre-registration is required, call Barbara Wallace at 724-329-0986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Three Rivers Birding Club is holding its Dead of Winter Outing II at 8 a.m. on Jan. 19 at Frick Park. Meet outing leader Mike Fialkovich at the Frick Park Environmental Center lot at 8 a.m. before heading out to search for the park’s winter resident birds. It is advised that participants monitor the club’s facebook page for cancellation due to inclement weather. Call 412-731-3581 with questions.