Steelers’ Keith Butler talks about Devin Bush’s fast start, getting ready for Chiefs
In our final “Letters from Camp” podcast at Saint Vincent College, I speak with Steelers defensive coordinator Keith Butler.
It’s been a hard week for this coaching staff to focus on football, given the death of wide receivers coach Darryl Drake. But Butler has managed to turn his attention back on the field as the Steelers prepare for their second preseason game, Saturday against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Among the topics we discuss:
• Devin Bush’s fast start in Game 1 against Tampa Bay last week. Was Mike Tomlin on the mark comparing his effort to Ryan Shazier’s preseason opener?
• Questions remain about how to best deploy Mark Barron and Vince Williams with Bush. Butler gets into that conversation.
• Steven Nelson is going up against his old team. Butler tells us what attracted the Steelers to sign the former Chiefs cornerback.
• We get into the high expectations for Terrell Edmunds in his second year and whether he can be an impact player after getting so much playing time as a rookie last year.
• And we analyze the growth of two young players up front: Ola Adeniyi and Javon Hargrave.