What music gets the Steelers hyped for training camp?
There’s no doubt about what Steelers guard Ramon Foster is listening to in order to get hyped up for 2019 training camp.
“ ‘Racks in the Middle,’ by Nipsey Hussle,” Foster said without missing a beat at Saint Vincent College. “I think that’s the only one worthy of mentioning.”
Likewise, veteran cornerback Joe Haden has his playlist set.
“’Next Song,’ by DaBaby, and ‘Groceries’ by Chance the Rapper, that’s what’s up,” Haden said.
Third-year tackle Matt Feiler keeps his options open.
“I’ve been listening to a lot of rock stations lately,” Feiler said. “I also started getting into country, but I listen to a little bit of everything.”
But what are some of the team’s recent signings and rookies listening to as battle for a roster spot?
• Pine-Richland graduate and tight end Kevin Rader: “I listen to a little bit of everything. Country, rock, rap. I just put my iTunes on shuffle and let it go.”
• Wide receiver Tevin Jones: “I’m more of a calm person. I’ll put on something like ‘Sideline Story’ by (rapper) J.Cole.”
• Linebacker Robert Spillane: “I’m more of a throwback guy. I love the Beatles, and I’m also getting into the Rolling Stones. They gave us the Bose headphones last year, and I’m always listening to music. I love to dance when I’m working out.”
• Linebacker Olasunkanmi Adeniyi: “I like listening to chill music like Kevin Gates. And sometimes I’ll listen to some Nigerian music to get relaxed.”
• Defensive end Conor Sheehy: “I don’t listen to anything special really. Just getting ready to go.”
In no particular order, here is our unofficial 2019 Steelers training camp playlist. Some songs are based on general responses. (Note: several songs are NSFW.)
- Nipsey Hussle, “Racks in the Middle”
- Rolling Stones, “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking?”
- Kevin Gates, “Push It”
- Chance the Rapper, “Groceries”
- Beatles, “Helter Skelter”
- Jon Pardi, “Night Shift”
- DaBaby, “Next Song“
- J. Cole, “Sideline Story”
- Timaya, “Balance”
- Lil’ Wayne, “Uproar”
- Drake & Rick Ross, “Money in the Grave”
Patrick Varine is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Patrick at 724-850-2862, [email protected] or via Twitter .