Lawrenceville woman treated for smoke inhalation; North Side man identified
A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire Wednesday morning in a Lawrenceville apartment building for seniors.
Firefighters responded to calls around 4:30 a.m. for a fire at Lambeth Apartments on Penn Avenue, said Deputy Fire Chief Michael Mullen.
Most of the building's residents were not evacuated, Mullen said. To access the building, firefighters entered through Canterbury Place, another senior living center that is attached to Lambeth and part of the large complex at the corner of 40th Street and Penn Avenue, Mullen said.
More than two dozen residents of Lambeth were relocated last evening by city firefighters and paramedics, city emergency officials said.
Authorities have identified a man who died Tuesday in a fire in the North Side.
Firefighters found David Porter, 73, dead on the second floor of a rowhouse on Boyle Street. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office has not ruled on the cause of Porter's death.