Morrell Volunteer Fire Department to host wrestling match
A local fire department and a local championship wrestling organization will bring "A Night 2 Remember" to the Morrell Volunteer Fire Department this weekend.
"This is the first time we've done this," Morrell fire captain Mike Basinger said.
Basinger said he received a phone call from "Wild" Bill Jacobs with the Undisputed Championship Wrestling (UCW) about holding a wrestling match at the fire department's current home — the former Richard Chevrolet on Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
"I'm a former firefighter, and I know in the summertime it's hard to have fundraisers," said Jacobs of Connellsville. "I wanted to do something big."
Jacobs has been wrestling for nine years. He will be a tag-team partner with Mark French, a.k.a. "Bigg," for the night's double main event. They're pitted against former WWE superstars Manu and Samu.
That's not all, either. Jacobs said there will be other matches (subject to change).
• "Playboy" Stevie Stylez vs. Jesse Skelton in the second part of the main event.
• Pretty Ugly vs. Popculture Sensations in the tag-team title match.
• Ricky Reyes vs. Sabian.
• Kano Josh Emanuel vs. Skull.
• Scott Sarin vs. Jayson Jaymes in the American Title Match.
• Tjay Sykes vs. Rikk Evans.
• Doyle Day and a mystery partner vs. Bay City Thrashers.
• Bud vs. Killa vs. Rage vs. Ice in the Country Whippin' Ghetto Brawl.
• Dailey Chambers vs. Rebecca Payne in the Texas Bullrope Match.
Basinger said they will hold the match in the bay area. Firefighters will be selling food and drinks to the crowd.
"Come out and support the fire department at our new building," Basinger said.
A Night 2 Remember will take place Saturday at the new Morrell VFD along Route 119 across from The Comet Drive-in. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., bell time is 7 p.m. Admission is $10 per person. Tickets will be sold at the door. Advanced tickets can be purchased from firefighters or at the fire department.
For more information or questions, call 724-603-2176, 724-425-6088 or 724-970-3016.