News to use
The Ford City Public Library will hold its grand re-opening 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. Cookies and beverages will be provided.
Square dance set for Friday
The Armstrong County League of Arts will hold a hoe-down square dance beginning at 8 p.m. Friday with a live band featuring Tim Rea as caller. The hall is near the Slate Lick Exit off Route 28, south of Kittanning. Questions may be directed to 724-763-7457.
Yard sale set at Chicora church
A large yard sale will be held 8 a.m.-4 p.m. June 4 and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. June 5 at the Chicora United Methodist Church, 203 Central Ave., Chicora.
TOPS open house set for June 10
An open house for TOPS Take Off Pounds Sensibly will be held at 4 p.m. June 10 at St. Paul's Community Church, 2167 State Route 268. Light refreshments will be served. Questions may be directed to Debbie at 724-297-3920.
Reality Tour set for Tuesday
The next Armstrong Reality Tour Drug Prevention Program will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Armstrong County Jail. Tour for ages 12-adult. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Cost is $5 per person. Tour scholarships are available, upon request. Due to demand, it is necessary to register as soon as possible. Questions may be directed to ARC Manor at 724-548-7607 or visit www.arcmanor.org.
• The Boyer School reunion will be held Sunday at the Whitesburg Methodist Church. Those attending are asked to take a favorite dish to share. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m.
• The Kaylor School Reunion will be held 2-4 p.m. Sunday at the at the Frogtown Wildlife Club, Frogtown-Kaylor Road. All former students and guests are welcome. All former students and guest are welcome. Those attending are asked to take a tureen. Beverage and table service will be provided. Questions may be directed to 724-526-5152 or 724-753-2797.
• The annual community Oliver reunion picnic will be held at 11 a.m. June 12 at the Pine Creek Sportsmen's Club. Those attending are asked to take a covered dish to share for the noon meal. Paper products and beverages will be provided. Questions may be directed to Connie at 724-545-1732 or Bill at 724-548-7746.
• The First Armstrong County Council of Republican Women will meet at 6:15 p.m. Thursday in the conference room, Armstrong County Courthouse, Annex Building.
• The Ford City Eagles 606 Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday.
• The Allegheny Ludlum Local 1138 U.S.W.A. Pension Club will meet at 1 p.m. Monday at the union hall in Leechburg, all retirees are welcome.
• The Ford City High School Class of 1955 will hold its monthly luncheon at noon Tuesday at Theresa's Royle Allegheny, West Kittanning. All classmates, spouses, and friends are welcome.
• AMVETS Post 13 will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Covenant Center, North Water Street, Kittanning. All veterans and spouses are welcome. Light refreshments will be served. Entrance and parking in rear.
• The Cosgrove Post 523 American Legion, Rural Valley will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the post home.