News to use
There will be a spaghetti dinner benefit for Staci (Shaffer) Haslett of Kittanning, a car accident victim, from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday in the West Kittanning fire hall. Donation is $10, and takeouts will be available. There will be a 50/50, drawings and a Chinese auction. Questions may be directed to 724-664-2277.
Square dance planned Saturday
An old-time square dance with music by the Ken Burkett Band will be held from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday in The Towne Hall, Route 422, Elderton. The caller will be Glenn Snyder. Donation is $6; those 12 and younger will be admitted free. There will be round, square and polka dancing. Singles and beginners are welcome. Sandwiches and desserts will be available.
Health groups schedule seminar
The ACMH Hospital and ACMH Foundation will sponsor a free seminar, "Saving Your Limb, Protecting Your Brain," from noon to 1 p.m. Friday in the continuing education classroom, second floor at the ACMH Hospital, East Franklin. Dr. Thomas Serena, medical director of the Snyder Institute for Vascular Health and Research will show how the institute is utilizing hyperbaric oxygen to prevent amputation in diabetics and will present the latest research using hyperbarics in the treatment of strokes. For information or to make a reservation, call the ACMH Foundation office at 724-543-8850. Lunch will be provided.
• The Allegheny Power/West Penn Power Retirees will meet for breakfast at 9 a.m. Thursday in King's Family Restaurant, Hilltop Plaza, East Franklin.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1949 will hold its monthly luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday in Pizza and Stuff, Kittanning. Members and guests are welcome.
• The Eljer Retirees Club will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday in the local union hall, Route 85, Rayburn.
• Chapter 2 of Tri State County Music Association will celebrate Christmas at its monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Ford City Veterans of Foreign Wars, Pattonville. Those attending are asked to take a covered dish.
• The Latin American Club of Ford City will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in the club banquet hall. Christmas with Santa Claus will be held Dec. 12.
• The Kittanning Public Library board of trustees meet at 4 p.m. Monday at the library.
• ARC Manor will conduct its regular monthly board meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the facility at 200 Oak Ave., Kittanning.
Thanks for the memories
Christmas with a loved one away from home; Christmas when he or she returns. The school play with mistakes that really made it the best. A special midnight church service. Hearing a holiday tune at just the right moment to summon up a serenity that was feared lost.
Each year, the Leader Times offers to share your memories with its readers on Christmas Eve.
Send them to Leader Times, P.O. Box 978, Kittanning, PA 16201 or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org . Put "Christmas memories" on the envelope or in the information line of the e-mail. E-mailed memories have a slightly better chance of being used.
Memories may be sent now. The deadline is Dec. 20.