Leader Times first team all-stars
Nick Johnston, Sr., F, Redbank Valley
• Led Redbank Valley with 377 points (14.5 points per game) this season ... Was the only Bulldogs player in double figures in scoring ... Scored a team-high 19 points in Redbank Valley's playoff win over Cranberry ... Also played on the baseball and football teams.
Nick Matviko, Jr., G, Leechburg
• Dangerous off-dribble and pull-up scorer continued to climb toward 1,000 career points, reaching 914 with a year to play ... Averaged 17.4 points, seven rebounds and five assists per game for the Blue Devils, who made the WPIAL and PIAA playoffs.
Frank Nagy, Sr., G, West Shamokin
• Stepped into the leadership role for the Wolves ... Led the Wolves with 19.8 points per game, including 43 3-pointers ... Team leader in assists and steals and shot 74 percent from the foul line ... Plans on playing basketball for Penn State-Behrend.
Andrew Snyder, So., G, Kittanning
• Arguably the area's biggest suprise, emerged as a legitimate scorer for the Wildcats, averaging better than 17 points per game, fifth in the Alle-Kiski Valley ... Helped Kittanning break a 23-game losing streak dating back to last season at the beginning of the year.
Greg Stewart, Jr., G, Elderton
• Faced double- and triple- teams all season, but still enjoyed a career year ... Scored 17.6 points per game for a team that averaged 42 ... Also led the team in assists and was second in rebounding ... Scored a season high 32 points.