Youth trout derby
• Cadogan Field and Stream will host its youth trout derby from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 18. Registration is $10 and begins at 8 a.m. for ages 3 to 8, 9 to 11 and 12 to 15. There is a four-fish limit. Prizes will be awarded. T-shirts may be ordered at $5 each. For information, call the club at 724-295-9909 or Steve Jensen at 724-845-7477.
• Butler Outdoor Club will host its Outdoor Extravaganza May 23-26 at Breakneck Campgrounds (near McConnells Mill and Moraine State Park). Activities include mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, rock climbing, rafting, caving, horseback riding, various levels of hikes, a pontoon boat tour and grist mill tour. Workshops will include photography, leave no trace, stream stomp, birding, self defense and kids activities. Workshops and trips began at 9 a.m. each day. Breakfasts, bag lunches, dinner and camping included. Friday evening weiner roast, campfire singing, and a gear exchange and flea market. For more information or to register, contact Joyce Appel at 724-526-5407 or email@example.com.
Relay for Life Shoot
• Ford City Sportsmen will have the Relay For Life Cancer Shoot on May 18. Sign-up is 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The program will be 100 16-yard targets. Prizes awarded. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. The shoot is open to the public. For information, call John Novak at 724-763-3136 or 724-763-9111 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cherry Run Sportsmen will have turkey shoots at 1 p.m. Sept. 21, Oct. 5 and 19 and Nov. 2 and 16.
• Walkthrough course black powder muzzleloading rifle shoots will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 11 at the Pony Farm. For information, call Frank Long at 724-548-8318, or visit www.ponyfarm-ACHFC.org.
• The Pony Farm will have open trap practice at 6 p.m. Fridays. The public is welcome. The kitchen is open for all events. For more information, visit www.ponyfarm-ACHFC.org.
• Shannock Valley Sportsmen will have trap shoots at 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For information, call the club at 724-783-6450.
• Shannock Valley Sportsmen will have 3-D shoots from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 29 and Sept. 21. For more information, call the club at 724-783-6450.
• An outdoor 3-D shoot at the Pony Farm will be from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 18, June 22, July 13, Aug. 10 and Sept. 6-7. For information, call Sean at 724-548-4588 or Bill at 724-543-1504.