U. S. Steel Corp. named Robert J. Beltz vice president-commercial, Europe. Robert Y. Kopf III was appointed general manager-North American flat-rolled marketing, succeeding Beltz. William L. Reder was advanced to general manager-sales, which was Kopf's former position.
• Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney P.C. promoted these Pittsburgh attorneys to shareholder: Lynn Krisay Brehm and Philip J. Weis of the ERISA/employee benefits section; Pamela E. Hepp and Jan Wenzel of the health care section; and Brian H. Simmons of the litigation section. The firm promoted these Pittsburgh attorneys to counsel: Cindy Dunlap Hinkle and William J. Moorhead of the litigation section; Emily R. Lowe of the corporate finance & technology section; Zakarij O. Thomas of the bankruptcy & creditors' rights section; and Jaime S. Tuite of the labor and employment section.
• Neil J. Gregorio joined Tucker Arensberg P.C. as an associate in the firm's litigation department. His practice focuses on complex commercial and employment litigation.
Vicki Jolliffe was promoted to vice president of finance for Laurel Business Institute and Laurel Technical Institute.
Mike McBride joined Family Hospice and Palliative Care, Hermitage office, as community liaison.
• CompuWiz added Brian Ward as sales account executive.
• Questeq hired Kyli Yerse as a web content engineer; Dominick Mattucci as a level-1 desktop engineer; and Mike Marshalek as a director of technology at North Hills School District.
• The Homeless Children's Education Fund welcomed these trustees to its board: Keith Alves , senior vice president, Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania; Phyllis G. Hartman , founder and president, PGHR Consutling Inc.; Dr. Monique Higginbotham , physician, Children's Hospital of UPMC; Heather Hudak , partner, Ernst & Young; Carly Neals , trust advisor and assistant vice president, PNC Bank Wealth Management; Randy P. Vulakovich , government affairs professional, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney P.C.; and Joseph G. Zewe , chief financial officer, PLS Logistics Services.
• The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society promoted James J. Robinson to deputy executive director, a newly created position. Adrianne Carolla joined the society as director of the newly created finance and operations department.
H.J. Heinz Co. appointed Bob Ostryniec chief supply chain officer.
• Donald V. Gennuso , chief executive officer, SAI Consulting Engineers Inc., received the Distinguished Service Award from the Pittsburgh Chapter, Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers.