• John Sandonas joined Allegheny Valley Bank as vice president, director of information technology.
• BB&T promoted Patrick Cendes to banking officer. Cendes is a commercial banker in the company's commercial lending department.
At Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP: John K. Gisleson and Nancy Winkelman were appointed co-chairs of the firm's litigation services department.; and Carl A. Solano was named co-chair of the firm's appellate practice group. Gisleson is a trial lawyer whose caseload involves a broad range of business litigation. Winkelman concentrates her practice in federal and state appellate litigation. Solano's appellate and motions practice involves most fields of substantive law.
The Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary hired Bethany Hardwig as marketing specialist for the seminary and office manager for its Biblical Counseling Institute, a newly created position.
• Jayme Interthal , a stylist at Sport Clips' in Mount Nebo Point, received Honorable Mention in The Look, Sport Clips' national competition.
• David M. Martin , vice president of Michael Baker Jr. Inc., was appointed facilities service area manager.
• Community College of Allegheny County presented Vanguard Diversity Awards in three categories. Individual Trailblazer: Bill Flanagan , executive vice president for corporate relations, Allegheny Conference; Amanda Green Hawkins , Allegheny County Council member; and Tim Stevens , founder and chairman of the Black Political Empowerment Project. College: Mike Cvetic , assistant director of purchasing, Community College of Allegheny County; and Tara Zirkel , director of student life, Community College of Allegheny County, South campus. Organizational: Candi Castlebury-Singleton , chief inclusion & diversity officer, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center; George Miles , president and chief executive officer, WQED Multimedia; and Robert Nelkin , president and chief professional officer, United Way of Allegheny County.
• Gerard J. Cipriani , chief executive officer of law firm Cipriani & Werner P.C. and principal of Kestler Cipriani Properties received a Frank J. O'Hara Award for law from University of Scranton.
• Sheila Mueller , assistant professor of accounting and finance at La Roche College, received the college's Brother Gregory Nugent, F.S.C. Award for Teacher Excellence.
Pentony Capital Management LLC opened for business at 103 Pittsburgh St., Saxonburg. Howie Pentony is president and client portfolio manager. Visit at www.HowiePentony.com. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-360-0078 or 1-877-826-3799.