Port Authority's public hearings
Port Authority of Allegheny County has scheduled a ninth public hearing to accept comments about its plan to cut service and raise fares to offset a deficit.
The authority will hold a hearing Jan. 31 from 4-8 p.m. at Futules' Harmar House, 1321 Freeport Rd., Harmar.
Eight other hearings are scheduled throughout the county:
- Monday, Jan. 22, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Pittsburgh Hilton Hotel, 600 Commonwealth Place, Downtown
- Monday, Jan. 22, 4 to 8 p.m., University of Pittsburgh's Alumni Hall, 4227 Fifth Ave., Oakland
- Tuesday, Jan. 23, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Achieva, 711 Bingham St., South Side (facilitators available for people with disabilities who require assistance with their testimony)
- Tuesday, Jan. 23, 4 to 8 p.m., Monroeville Radisson, 101 Mall Blvd., Monroeville
- Thursday, Jan. 25, 4 to 8 p.m., Palisades, 501 Water St., McKeesport
- Friday, Jan. 26, 4 to 8 p.m., Moon Doubletree Hotel, 8402 University Blvd., Moon
- Thursday, Feb. 1, 4 to 8 p.m., West View Fire Hall, 398 Perry Highway, West View
- Wednesday, Feb. 7, 5 to 9 p.m., Memorial Hall, Route 88 & Sleepy Hollow Road, Castle Shannon