Fire forces North Huntingdon Twp. couple from home
Fire has forced a North Huntingdon Township couple from their home for the second time.
The blaze Monday afternoon in the home of John and Michele Lusher at 7563 Pennsylvania Ave. apparently started in the kitchen, said Strawpump fire Chief George Fohner.
Michele Lusher said she had used the stove in the morning without a problem. But then she started to smell gas.
"It was burning my eyes, that's how bad it was," she said.
Lusher said she was putting her dogs in the car when she heard the smoke detectors going off.
"Since the last fire, I'm terrified," she said.
A fire in May 2001 began with an electrical malfunction in the bedroom, Fohner said.
"They gutted the house the last time and rewired it," Michele Lusher said. The repairs were completed in November.
A damage estimate from yesterday's blaze had not been finalized. No injuries were reported.
Rescue units from Irwin, Westmoreland City, Strawpump, North Irwin, Adamsburg, Manor, Larimer and Hartford Heights responded. Rescue 8 ambulance crews also responded.