ShareThis Page

Fire forces North Huntingdon Twp. couple from home

| Sunday, May 13, 2012, 3:31 p.m.

Fire has forced a North Huntingdon Township couple from their home for the second time.

The blaze Monday afternoon in the home of John and Michele Lusher at 7563 Pennsylvania Ave. apparently started in the kitchen, said Strawpump fire Chief George Fohner.

Michele Lusher said she had used the stove in the morning without a problem. But then she started to smell gas.

"It was burning my eyes, that's how bad it was," she said.

Lusher said she was putting her dogs in the car when she heard the smoke detectors going off.

"Since the last fire, I'm terrified," she said.

A fire in May 2001 began with an electrical malfunction in the bedroom, Fohner said.

"They gutted the house the last time and rewired it," Michele Lusher said. The repairs were completed in November.

A damage estimate from yesterday's blaze had not been finalized. No injuries were reported.

Rescue units from Irwin, Westmoreland City, Strawpump, North Irwin, Adamsburg, Manor, Larimer and Hartford Heights responded. Rescue 8 ambulance crews also responded.

TribLIVE commenting policy

You are solely responsible for your comments and by using you agree to our Terms of Service.

We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.

While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.

We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers

We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.

We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.

We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.

We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.

click me