Kiski Valley YMCA's Early Childhood Development Classes has openings for the fall. Registrations, along with a $15 nonrefundable registration fee, will be taken at the Allegheny Township office. Call 724-845-1968 for more information.
The Alle-Kiski Area HOPE Center will offer free training for volunteers interested in helping victims of domestic violence and their children. Training will begin in September. Call 724-224-1100 for more information.
The class schedule runs as follows:
- Joy of Movement: 6-7 p.m. Mondays, starting Sept. 15; or 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, starting Sept. 16.
- Morning yoga: 9:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesdays, starting Sept. 17.
- Energy yoga: 12:15-1:15 p.m. Tuesdays, starting Sept. 16.
- Evening yoga: 7:30-9:30 p.m. Mondays, starting Sept. 8.
- Tai Chi: Continuing, 6:40-7:40 p.m. Tuesdays, and Beginning, 7:40-8:40 p.m. Tuesdays, starting Sept. 23; Afternoon Tai Chi, 12:30-1:30 p.m., starting Sept. 24.
- Vegetarian cooking classes: Sept. 20, "Vegetable Soups and Stews"; Oct. 11, "Glorious Grains"; Oct. 25, "Tofu Cookery"; Nov. 8,
- "Warming Winter Casseroles"; Nov. 22, "Healthful Baking for the Holidays."
For more information and registration, call 724-834-9390.
The examination will be held Sept. 22. Participants must attend all dates. To register or for a brochure, call 724-334-6010.
To register, call Jim Fedorka at 724-863-2565 or Tom Gess at 724-863-1352. Paid reservations are due by Sept. 5.
Greensburg Garden Center will sponsor a "General Manners Funshop" for children ages 8-12. It will be held 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Sept. 27 at the Greensburg Garden & Civic Center, 951 Old Salem Road.
Topics include everyday manners, out and about manners, introductions and conversations, proper table settings, handling silverware and table manners.
Call the garden center office at 724-837-0245 for registration and information.