Pennsylvania GOP checklist
Republican politicians are always espousing conservative positions. Well, they now control the Pennsylvania governorship and, by large margins, the state House and Senate. So I thought I would list some of these positions and then come back to them periodically to see which ones have been implemented.
• Abortion: Strict rules for abortion clinics, such as making them conform to hospital rules. That would probably put some of them out of business.
• Education vouchers: Not just for poorly achieving schools, phased in over three years, as is currently proposed, but for all students — and now.
• Privatization of liquor stores: The end of artificially high prices we are forced to pay.
• Elimination of all public employee unions: The end of the scheme run by unions and elected officials.
• Term limits (in addition to the one form of term limits already available — elections).
I will check back with you in six months — promise.