District college football spotlight
- Carnegie Mellon at Wesley, 1 p.m.
- Geneva at St. Francis, Ind., 2 p.m.
- Grove City at Thiel, 1:30 p.m.
- Indiana, Pa. at Clarion, 2 p.m.
- Juniata at Susquehanna, 1:30 p.m.
- Lock Haven at Cheyney, 1 p.m.
- Mercyhurst at Findlay, 6 p.m.
- St. Francis, Pa. at La Salle, 1 p.m.
- Shippensburg at Edinboro, 2 p.m.
- Siena at Duquesne, 1:35 p.m.
- Slippery Rock at California, Pa., 7 p.m.
- Stony Brook at Robert Morris, 1:30 p.m.
- SW Missouri State at Youngstown State, 7 p.m.
- Wabash at Allegheny, 1 p.m.
- Washington & Jefferson at Westminster, Pa., 1:15 p.m.
- Waynesburg at Bethany, W.Va., 2 p.m.
- West Liberty State at West Virginia Wesleyan, 1 p.m.
- Wisconsin at Penn State, noon
TOP DISTRICT GAMES
Matchup: Shippensburg (3-1) at Edinboro (3-1)
When: 2 p.m.
Where: Sox Harrison Stadium, Edinboro
On air: WSYC-AM (88.7), WFSE-FM (88.9)
The skinny: The winner will keep the heat on NCAA Division II No. 4 Indiana (Pa.), as the race heats up for the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Western Division crown. Edinboro is rolling after a 31-20 victory last week over previously unbeaten then-No. 16 East Stroudsburg. The Fighting Scots got 142 yards on 19 carries from RB Brandon Munson. No. 22 Shippensburg suffered its first loss, a 33-20 decision to West Chester, and in the process, had its four-game streak end for limiting opponents to less than 100 yards rushing.
Matchup: Stony Brook (2-1) at Robert Morris (3-1)
When: 1:30 p.m.
Where: Moon Area High School Stadium, Moon
On air: WPIT-AM 730
The skinny: Heading into this key early Northeast Conference game, Robert Morris is off to a 3-1 start for the second consecutive season following a 36-6 victory over St. Francis (Pa.) in the Colonials' home opener. RB Sam Dorsett gained 165 yards rushing -- his fourth 100-yard game in as many games. Stony Brook dropped to No. 7 in The Sports Network NCAA Division I-AA Mid-Major poll after watching its school-record seven-game winning streak stopped by unbeaten Monmouth (N.J.), 20-14. It also was the Seawolves first loss in eight games since beginning play at its new home facility.