PSU's Bowman still out with groin injury
• Linebacker Navorro Bowman did not dress for the second consecutive game. He has been nursing a groin injury since he left Penn State's season opener against Akron. His status for Saturday's game against Iowa is not yet known.
"I'm hoping Bowman comes back next week," PSU coach Joe Paterno said. "I don't know if he will or not. He's the one guy that can't seem to get over the problem he has with his leg."
• It was no surprise that Johnnie Troutman got the start at left guard. He replaced Matt Stankiewitch, who started the first two games but didn't play well enough to keep the starting job.
• Redshirt freshman linebacker Michael Zordich saw action for the first time. He did not play in the first two games after being cited with a DUI a week before the start of the season.
• Running back Stephfon Green scored his first touchdown of the season on a 3-yard run, giving PSU a 31-6 lead with 11:25 remaining.
• Penn State recorded three runs of 15 or more yards - including a season-long 33-yard run by Evan Royster. The Lions' previous long rush by a running back this season was 14 yards.