• Venture Outdoors will lead a three- to four-mile fall foliage hike through Frick Park from 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 17. Cost is $5 for members, $8 for nonmembers. Call 412-255-0564.
• Venture Outdoors will lead a pumpkin pie hike from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 31 at Riverview Park. The hike will cover three to four miles and end up with pumpkin pie, pear-cranberry pie and other treats. Cost is $8 for kids, $10 for members and $15 for nonmembers. Call 412-255-0564.
• The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission will have a basic boating course from 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 19 and 21 at Conneaut Lake Sportsmen's Club. Cost is $10, and participants must attend both sessions. Contact Keith Edwards at 814-336-2426 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Laurel Hill State Park will have a program on campfire stories from 8 to 9 p.m. Oct. 16 at the park campground amphitheater. Bring a blanket. Call 814-352-8649.
• Yellow Creek State Park will have a program on white-tailed deer from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 21 at the park's environmental learning classroom. Topics will include antler development, rattling and calling and the best places in the country to hunt trophy whitetails. Call 724-357-7913.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania will train birders to be a part of Project Feeder Watch, a winter-long survey of birds that visit backyard bird feeders. It will run from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 6 at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Cost is $2 for members, $5 for nonmembers. Reservations are requested by calling 412-963-6100.
• Three Rivers Birding Club will lead a trip to Boyce Mayview Park at 8 a.m. Saturday. Call Shawn Collins at 412-721-2526.
• Three Rivers Birding Club will have its annual picnic and bird walk starting at 8 a.m. Oct. 24 at Moraine State Park's south shore day use area. There will be a walk in the morning, followed by lunch. Bring a dish to serve four to six people.
• Venture Outdoors will have a fly fishing for wild brown trout class from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday on Yellow Creek in Bedford County. Guides will help with fly selection and presentation techniques, and participants will fish meadow sections and scenic gorges. The day will include lunch streamside. Cost is $50 for members, $67 for nonmembers. Call 412-255-0564.