Co-ed softball league
• Teams needed for a co-ed league in Blawnox. Contact: Denny, 412-828-6146.
Freeport Area Little League
• Freeport Area Little League is still seeking one 12-and-under team for its Early Bird Tournament at Freeport Park. Little League rules apply. Two-game guarantee. Cost: $150. Contact: Todd Eshenbaugh, 724-353-1218.
Kiski Area ASA
• Kiski Area ASA Softball is having registrations for the following teams: 18-under, 15-under and 12-under. Cost: $65 for first child, and $85 for two children. Contact: Mike Baker, 724-567-7465, or Bob White, 724-568-1986 or at www.leaguelineup.com/kiski.
North Park Softball League
= The North Park men's 53-and-older softball league will have tryouts Tuesday, Thursday and April 15 and 17, all at 5:30 p.m., at Lambert Field, North Park. Games will be played at various locations. Thirty-game season and playoffs. Contact: Czar, 724-980-1001.
Oakmont/Penn Hills Softball League
• The Oakmont/Penn Hills 55-and-older men's softball league will have tryouts 10 a.m. each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, weather permitting, through April. Thirty-game season, playoffs and awards banquet. There also will be pick-up games (55-and-older) at 10 a.m. each Saturday. Contact: Czar, 724-980-1001.
Westmoreland County umpires
• Westmoreland County Umpires Association is looking for individuals who are interested in umpiring youth and adult softball. No experience is needed. Training will be provided. Experienced umpires are also needed. Contact: 724-244-7993, or e-mail email@example.com.
• Lenape Heights boys basketball is looking for games for grades 4-6. Contact: Mike Fichthorn, 724-763-4258.
Steelers at Kittanning
• The Steelers basketball team will play 8 p.m. April 22 at Kittanning High School. Tickets: $7, available at HAVIN, Klingensmith's Drug Stores in Armstrong County, Northwest Savings Bank and Farmer's National Bank, The Progressive Workshop, Altman Real Estate, YMCA of Kittanning and W.C. Crytzer Equipment.
• Highlands Hornets cheerleaders will hold registration for girls ages 7-13 from 1 to 3 p.m. every Sunday through April at Bushman Field. Cost: $70 per child, plus $10 for each additional child.
Halls of Fame
A-K Hall of Fame banquet
• Tickets for the A-K Hall of Fame banquet and ceremony 7 p.m. May 17 at the Clarion Hotel in New Kensington are available through Al Uskuraitis, 724-727-7259. Cost: $20 (no tickets sold at the door).
Armstrong Hall of Fame banquet
• Tickets for the Armstrong County Hall of Fame banquet and ceremony 5:30 p.m. April 27 at Laube Hall are available through Dennis Wolfe, 724-882-3557. Cost: $20 (no tickets sold at the door).
• Ford City Sportsmen's Club will have its Relay Life Cancer Trap Shoot on May 18. Signups will run from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Program will consist of 100, 16-yard targets. Prizes will be awarded. Proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. Public is invited.
Valley Sports Complex
• Valley Sports Complex will have tot skating classes 10 a.m. Wednesday mornings beginning April 16. Cost: $45, six-week session. Contact: 724-334-4ICE.
Kiski Area camp
• Kiski Area Soccer League and the Kiski Area varsity boys soccer team will have a spring soccer camp from 1 to 5 p.m. today at Kiski Area High School. Participants must be registered by noon. Cost: $20 per player. Age groups are U-7 to U-12. Coaches and teams welcome. Contact: Martha Frech, 724-845-1736 or Sandy Jenkins, 724-733-5932.