Local state representative and former Murrysville mayor Bob Brooks will cut the ribbon June 15 at a grand opening for Murrysville Medic One’s new garage off of Sardis Road.
Medic One officials will hold an open house 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The public is invited to tour the new garage facility at 3237 Sardis Road.
The new building replaces an off-site storage facility used for the last few years, and allows all of Medic One’s equipment to be housed on the same campus.
It allows many of the newer ambulances to be kept secure and out of the weather overnight.
The new garage houses most of Medic One’s special operations equipment. This includes seven trailers and a light tower used for night-time emergency scenes. The seven trailers of equipment which can be deployed for any type of emergency are:
• Dive trailer — dive rescue, search and recovery equipment. Medic One’s dive team is among the busiest in the region, and recently assisted officials in Jefferson Hills during the recovery of four severed fingers lost in the water following a rope-swing accident.
• Command trailer — computers, radios, mapping, Polaris, search-and-rescue
• Gator trailer
• Heat trailer — torpedo heaters for winter, and evaporators and fans for summer
• Rehab trailer — firefighter / mass event rehab equipment
• CCP trailer – health department mass casualty trailer, mobile hospital
• Boat trailer — Inflatable boat and flat bottom boat
• Light tower
The command trailer will be on display. This trailer allows for communication between staff and the command structure while on an emergency scene.
Also on display:
• Two special response pickup trucks used for towing and delivering equipment and crews to emergency scenes.
• Medic One’s two utility terrain vehicles (UTVs) used for search-and-rescue operations.
• The watercraft and equipment used by Medic One’s dive team.
• Video displays of actual dives with underwater videos will be available for viewing.
• At least one ambulance
Light refreshments will be provided.
For more, see MurrysvilleMedicOne.org.