North Hills residents who need to unload difficult to recycle items can drop them off at La Roche University from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 27.
Their is no cost to recycle home and cell telephones, CFL light bulbs, computer towers and peripherals, microwave ovens, polystyrene packing material, stereo equipment, VCRs and DVD players and cable boxes.
A fee is charged to recycle:
• Alkaline batteries: $15 a pound
• CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, floppy discs: $1 a pound
• Computer monitors: $20
• TVs: $30; console or rear projection, $40
• Printers: $5
• Small Freon appliances: $10
• Car and truck tires: $3.50 without rims/$10 with rims
• Hard drive data destruction verification: $11.50, $3 for each additional drive
• Fluorescent tubes: $2 for 4 foot tubes, $3.50 for 8 foot
La Roche is located at 9000 Babcock Boulevard in McCandless.