Penn Hills District Judge Anthony L. DeLuca handled the following cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court. Charges were filed by Penn Hills police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
• Randy Ruggles, 43, of Pittsburgh on charges of theft of leased property. Charges were filed May 29.
• Dion Horton, 19, of Penn Hills on charges of reckless driving, endangering the welfare of children, fleeing or attempting to elude officer, resisting arrest, possession of controlled substances, possession of marijuana, failure to keep right, improper pass, following too closely, driving at unsafe speed, duties at stop sign, careless driving and two counts of recklessly endangering another person. Charges were filed Aug. 14.
Waived preliminary hearings
• Ronald Wycich Jr., 59, of Penn Hills on charges of simple assault, strangulation and harassment. Charges were filed Oct. 24.
• Edward Wright III, 45, of Penn Hills on charges of driving under the influence. Charges were filed June 10.
• Justin Fallon, 29, of Natrona Heights on charges of driving under the influence and careless driving. Charges were filed June 9.
• Justin Gravey, 41, of Adrian on charges of home improvement fraud. Verona police filed the charges June 11.
• Cheree Wells, 37, of New Castle on charges of aggravated assault of an unborn child, burglary, criminal mischief and simple assault. Charges were filed June 27.
• Mario Borrelli, 19, of Plum on charges of possession of controlled substances and possession of drug paraphernalia. State Attorney General’s Office filed the charges July 19.
Borrelli went before the judge on another case. He waived a preliminary hearing on charges of firearms not to be carried without a license, person not to possess firearms and carrying a loaded weapon. Charges were filed Aug. 12.