Thousands raised for Ross man who lost uninsured home in fire |
TribLive Logo
| Back | Text Size:

Tony LaRussa

Fundraising for a Ross Township man whose uninsured home was destroyed by fire last week has exceeded half its goal, so far.

A GoFundMe page was set up to collect contributions for Chris Fromme, who lost all of his posessions in a fire that destroyed his home along Pittview Road on Feb. 8.

As of Friday afternoon, 131 people had donated more than $8,500 toward the $15,000 goal.

Officials believed the fire started in the fireplace.

Firefighters from multiple departments had difficulty getting water hoses to the home because of its location down a winding road. They also were hampered by frigid temperatures that caused water to quickly freeze.

Fromme was uninjured.

Copyright ©2019— Trib Total Media, LLC (