Market Square restaurant hit with health violation |
TribLive Logo
| Back | Text Size:

Megan Guza

The Allegheny County Health Department hit a Market Square restaurant with a violation after an inspector found insects and unsafe temperatures, according to the report.

An inspector on Wednesday found “juvenile American roaches” near a storage area for plates and utensils at Las Velas in Downtown Pittsburgh.

Invoices showed the restaurant is already treated monthly for pests, according to the report, and suggested an increased frequency.

The report also cited some foods kept at unsafe temperatures, as well as one “visibly soiled” margarita glass. The inspector also reported that an employee was eating while chopping peppers.

A re-inspection is scheduled for Friday.

Copyright ©2019— Trib Total Media, LLC (