TribLive Logo
| Back | Text Size:
https://triblive.com/local/valley-news-dispatch/closed-door-hearing-for-nikis-quick-six-ends-in-mysterious-resolution/

Closed-door hearing for Niki’s Quick Six ends in mysterious ‘resolution’

James Engel and Naomi Girson
By James Engel and Naomi Girson
3 Min Read May 20, 2026 | 3 mins ago
| Wednesday, May 20, 2026 6:29 p.m.
Armstrong County Sheriff Frank Pitzer (right) speaks with Niki Hosack (background left), owner of Niki’s Quick Six in Parks Township on Friday. After a mysterious closed-door court hearing, it’s unclear whether the bar will reopen. (Shane Dunlap | TribLive)

The mystery of a sealed injunction against an Armstrong County bar persists.

A hearing scheduled to discuss the injunction against Niki’s Quick Six, the Parks Township bar where a woman was shot and killed last month, took place out of the public eye Wednesday afternoon.

Bar owner Niki Hosack; her attorney, Nicholas Miller; and District Attorney Katie Charlton instead came to an “amicable resolution” in Judge Chase McClister’s chambers after meeting for about 15 minutes.

None would say what the resolution included, nor what the cause of the injunction had been in the first place. Court documents are barred from public view by a protective order.

The hearing followed Niki’s abrupt closure Friday after Armstrong County Sheriff Frank Pitzer and several deputies served Hosack with legal papers that caused the bar to immediately shutter.

Pitzer said he was unsure of the content of the injunction, other than it was not a lawsuit and was “classified.”

At the Wednesday hearing, Pitzer said he had never seen a client go into a judge’s chamber during a hearing.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” he said.

McClister never emerged from his chambers, and court staff said he denied repeated TribLive requests for comment.

Charlton also declined to comment several times.

Hosack declined to comment on the hearing or whether her business would reopen. The bar still appeared closed shortly after the hearing.

Chuck Pascal, an attorney who has practiced law in Armstrong County for decades, said typically only lawyers enter a judge’s chambers.

Orders closing businesses in Armstrong County are rare, he said. Those orders being sealed by a judge, he said, are even rarer.

He said he had never heard of anything like it in his career.

It’s unclear if or when Niki’s will reopen. Pitzer said he didn’t expect further hearings in the case.

Niki’s parking lot was the scene of an April 26 shooting that left one woman dead and three others wounded. Homicide charges against David James Dunmire, 36, were held for court earlier this month.

At Dunmire’s preliminary hearing, several witnesses — including the wounded Hector Saballos and Dominik Dellach — testified that the shooting began after several customers attempted to intervene in an altercation that began in the bar parking lot just after 1 a.m.

Jessica Hilliard, a 34-year-old mother of three, was killed in the incident. Saballos said she had been placing herself between people in an attempt to break things up.

Bartender Rebecca Boston remains in Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, paralyzed from the waist down from a gunshot wound, state police Trooper Timothy Reilly told the court.


Copyright ©2026— Trib Total Media, LLC (TribLIVE.com)