World

Georgia church removes accused spa shooter from membership roster

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
By The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1 Min Read March 21, 2021 | 5 years Ago
Go Ad-Free today

ATLANTA — A north Fulton County church has voted to remove accused killer Robert Aaron Long from its membership after a shooting spree that left eight people dead, including six women of Asian ancestry.

Following its Sunday morning service, Crabapple First Baptist Church in Milton said it “completed the process of church discipline to remove Robert Aaron Long from membership since we can no longer affirm that he is truly a regenerate believer in Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 5).”

Long, 21, has been charged with eight counts of murder and one count of aggravated assault in connection with the shooting spree. The church has previously condemned the deadly shooting, calling it “antithetical to everything that we believe and teach as a church.”

“No blame can be placed upon the victims,” the church said. “He alone is responsible for his evil actions and desires. The women that he solicited for sexual acts are not responsible for his perverse sexual desires nor do they bear any blame in these murders. These actions are the result of a sinful heart and depraved mind for which Aaron is completely responsible.”

Share

Categories:

Tags:

About the Writers

Push Notifications

Get news alerts first, right in your browser.

Enable Notifications

Content you may have missed

Enjoy TribLIVE, Uninterrupted.

Support our journalism and get an ad-free experience on all your devices.

  • TribLIVE AdFree Monthly

    • Unlimited ad-free articles
    • Pay just $4.99 for your first month
  • TribLIVE AdFree Annually BEST VALUE

    • Unlimited ad-free articles
    • Billed annually, $49.99 for the first year
    • Save 50% on your first year
Get Ad-Free Access Now View other subscription options