Police: Antonio Brown allegedly pushed mother of his daughter | TribLIVE.com
TribLive Logo
| Back | Text Size:

Megan Guza

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown allegedly pushed the mother of his daughter to the ground when she asked him to repay her for the girl’s hair appointment, according to a Florida police report.

Brown was not charged in connection with the Jan. 17 incident that happened about 11 p.m. at his Hollywood, Fla., home.

Wiltrice Jackson, 30, told officers she was dropping off her daughter at the home of Brown, who is the child’s father. She said Brown opened the door, let the child inside and then shut the door on Jackson, according to the report.

Jackson shouted at Brown from outside, asking for the money for the child’s hair appointment, police said. Brown opened the door, and Jackson wedged herself in the doorway so Brown couldn’t shut it.

Brown told Jackson to leave, and she shouted for the child to go to Brown’s room to get the money she said she was owed, according to the report. Jackson said Brown shoved her with both hands, sending her backward onto the ground.

Jackson reported the incident the following day, showing police her scraped and scabbed wrist, according to the report. She said after Brown shoved her, she shouted for her daughter to come back outside, and the two drove to Jackson’s mother’s house, police said.

Police wrote Jackson did not want to press charges. Officers gave her the report number, a domestic violence brochure and information on how to file a restraining order.

In a supplemental report, police said Jackson stopped at the police station’s information desk and asked how she could get a copy of her original report.

Detectives noted they couldn’t substantiate the alleged assault because it happened the day before, and police weren’t called at the time. They also said Jackson acknowledged Brown had asked her to leave.

Officers told Jackson how to obtain a restraining order. They told her they could arrest Brown if they found probable cause, according to the report.

Jackson then became “irate,” according to the report, and said she didn’t want Brown arrested. She also said she wanted to “cancel” her report, and she “just wanted to leave without creating the complaint.”

Darren Heitner, Brown’s attorney, said in a statement the closed police report proves Brown did nothing wrong, and Jackson acknowledged she had refused to leave his house.

Heitner chastised Jackson for involving Brown’s daughter in the “false reporting,” which he said caused “irreparable harm to a minor child.” He said Brown will seek full custody of the child.

Brown has made headlines off the field several times, including in November when Ross police cited him for driving more than 100 mph on McKnight Road. In April, Brown called police in Sunny Isles Beach, Fla., to report someone had stolen a handgun and tote bag containing $80,000 from his apartment. The next day, police responded to the apartment when Brown began tossing furniture from his 14th-floor balcony.

That incident prompted two lawsuits: one from the landlord for $100,000 in damage to the apartment and another from the family of a toddler that alleged the child was nearly hit with falling furniture.

He reported the next day that someone had stolen his Rolls Royce, but, when an officer responded, he said he had found the car and shut the door.

In a separate incident, Brown called Northern Regional police April 17 to report someone had stolen a safe from his Pine home. He told police it contained more than $2 million worth of jewelry, passports, a 9mm handgun and $50,000, according to a police report obtained by the Tribune-Review.

Megan Guza is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Megan at 412-380-8519, [email protected] or via Twitter @meganguzaTrib.

Copyright ©2019— Trib Total Media, LLC (TribLIVE.com)