Cranberry man accused in drunken driving crash that injures two
A Cranberry man was drunk when he ran a red light in his Nissan Murano and struck a Subaru in the North Side early Sunday, sending two people to the hospital, court documents say.
Andrew Patrick Orr, 26, remains in Allegheny County Jail after being charged with aggravated assault by a vehicle while intoxicated, driving under the influence and a pair of traffic violations in connection with the 4 a.m. crash at the intersection of West General Robinson and Anderson Street.
Orr told police that he'd been gambling all night at the Rivers Casino. His blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit, according to the incident report.
Paramedics took two of the three occupants in the Subaru to Allegheny General Hospital. Passenger Chaz Scheidlmeir is listed in serious condition with a head injury. Joseph Cyprowski, the driver, was treated for shoulder and neck injuries and released.
Carl Prine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7826 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- The holiday season ushers in the gift of another layer of fashion — the coat
- Author DeKok’s ‘Murder in the Stacks’ looks at Penn State student’s 1969 killing
- Air Force reservist apparently settles firing lawsuit against U.S. Steel
- Report lays out red flags, failures in rearing of shooter at Conn. school
- Former youth volunteer facing federal child pornography charges
- Dick Cavett memoir looks back on more than TV show
- The Word Guy: In formal prose, rely on ‘pleaded,’ not ‘pled’
- Carnegie boy gets to be mayor for a day