Cranberry man accused in drunken driving crash that injures two
By Carl Prine
Published: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 9:03 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, March 10, 2013
A Cranberry man was drunk when he ran a red light in his Nissan Murano and struck a Subaru in the North Side early Sunday, sending two people to the hospital, court documents say.
Andrew Patrick Orr, 26, remains in Allegheny County Jail after being charged with aggravated assault by a vehicle while intoxicated, driving under the influence and a pair of traffic violations in connection with the 4 a.m. crash at the intersection of West General Robinson and Anderson Street.
Orr told police that he'd been gambling all night at the Rivers Casino. His blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit, according to the incident report.
Paramedics took two of the three occupants in the Subaru to Allegheny General Hospital. Passenger Chaz Scheidlmeir is listed in serious condition with a head injury. Joseph Cyprowski, the driver, was treated for shoulder and neck injuries and released.
Carl Prine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7826 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- No fare increases in Port Authority of Allegheny County’s next budget
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Indiana County man charged in assault on toddler
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Powerball officials: 80 percent of number combinations picked
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.